This Orange Rosemary Wreath is a perfect addition to a holiday brunch menu.
Orange Rosemary Wreath
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2/3 cup warm milk (105° to 110°)
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: rosemary sprigs, orange wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon zest, and rosemary. Cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine warm milk, yeast, and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Let stand until mixture is foamy, about 10 minutes. Add 1 cup flour; beat at low speed until combined. Add ¼ cup melted butter, beating to combine. Add ½ cup flour; beat until combined. Add eggs, beating until well combined. Gradually add salt, remaining 1½ cups flour, and remaining 1 tablespoon zest, beating until a soft dough forms.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease top. Loosely cover, and let rise in a warm (75°), draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 18x16-inch rectangle. Spread with remaining ¼ cup melted butter. Sprinkle generously with sugar mixture. Starting with one long side, roll dough into a log; pinch seam to seal. Using a serrated knife, cut log in half lengthwise. Carefully twist dough pieces around each other, and form into a circle. Place on prepared pan, cut side up, tucking in ends. Cover, and let rise in a warm (75°), draft-free place until doubled in size, about
- 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Garnish with rosemary and orange wedges, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/