The perfect complement to any holiday meal, these parmesan horseradish mashed potatoes put a deliciously elegant spin on the classic side dish.
- 4 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh chives
- In a large Dutch oven, combine water, 1 tablespoon salt, and potatoes over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes well, and return to pan. Add sour cream and butter. Using a potato masher, mash potato mixture until butter melts. Add Parmesan cheese, horseradish, chives, parsley, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper, stirring to combine well. Garnish with parsley and chives, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!