No holiday meal is complete without mashed potatoes. Try our Parmesan Truffle Mashed Potatoes for an elegant twist on this classic side.
Parmesan Truffle Mashed Potatoes
Write a review
- 4 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, combine water, 1 tablespoon salt, and potatoes over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes well, and return to sauce- pan. Add sour cream and butter. Using a potato masher, mash potato mixture until butter melts. Add Parmesan cheese, truffle oil, parsley, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper, stirring to combine well.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/