This Parmesan-Vidalia Grits Bake is a savory side perfect for seasonal menus.
Parmesan-Vidalia Grits Bake
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 6 cups water
- 1½ cups stone ground grits
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pot, bring 6 cups water to a boil over high heat. Gradually add grits, whisking into water. Reduce to simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook for 6 minutes or until lightly charred, stirring often.
- Add onion, butter, 1 cup Parmesan, salt, and pepper to cooked grits, stirring well. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Add eggs, stirring well. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until fully cooked and golden. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Don’t miss an issue of our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and more! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!