Peach and Mascarpone Parfaits
- 3 large peaches, cut into ½-inch slices
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped, reserved, and divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1½ cups crushed honey graham crackers, divided, plus more for garnish
- ¾ cup lemon curd
- Garnish: fresh basil, graham cracker crumbs
- In a medium bowl, toss peaches with granulated sugar, lemon juice, ½ vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla extract. Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally. Strain juice mixture into a small bowl, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream at medium speed until thickened. Slowly add confectioners’ sugar, and beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese, and beat at low speed until just combined. (Do not overbeat.)
- In 6 (12-ounce) glass cups, layer 2 tablespoons crushed honey graham crackers, ¼ cup whipped cream, 1 tablespoon lemon curd, and about 3 peach slices. Repeat layers once. Place remaining whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with an open star tip (Wilton 1M), and pipe on top of peaches. Serve with reserved peach syrup. Garnish with basil and graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!