This Peachy Keen Martini is a refreshing summer drink.
Peachy Keen Martini
Makes 1 drink
- 4 ounces peach-flavored nectar*
- 1½ ounces vodka
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounce Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- ¼ ounce peach schnapps
- Garnish: fresh peach slices
- Fill a shaker halfway with ice cubes. Add peach nectar, vodka, lemon juice, Simple Syrup, and peach schnapps to shaker. Shake mixture vigorously for 5 to 10 seconds. Strain mixture into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with fresh peach slices, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Jumex peach nectar.
Makes 1½ cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low, and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool completely. Pour into an airtight container. Store syrup in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Don’t miss an issue of our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and more, plus seasonal themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!