Indulge in an oh-so-yummy peanut butter tart this fall, bursting with creamy sweet flavor.
Peanut Butter Tart
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (12-ounce) container hot caramel topping*
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: melted chocolate, chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- On a lightly floured surface, place one pie crust on top of second pie crust. Roll crust to a 14-inch circle. Fit pie crust into an 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim crust to make even with top of tart pan. Place a piece of parchment paper in bottom of pie crust, letting ends extend over edges. Add pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Carefully remove paper and pie weights; bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom of crust is lightly browned. Let crust cool completely in pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine hot caramel topping and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Spread caramel mixture into prepared crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and cream. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spread peanut butter mixture on top of caramel mixture. Drizzle with melted chocolate and chopped peanuts, if desired.
- *For testing purposes, we used Smucker’s Hot Caramel Topping.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/
For more autumn entertaining ideas and recipes, order our October 2017 issue.