Pear Bread Pudding
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 (21-ounce) box cinnamon swirl crumb cake and muffin mix*
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 baby pears, peeled, halved, and cored
- Bake crumb cake recipe according to package directions for cake. Let cool for 30 minutes, and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk together half-and-half, eggs, ¾ cup sugar, ground ginger, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spray a 13x9-inch dish with cooking spray. Add cake pieces. Pour egg mixture over, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pears cut sides down, and cook until they begin to brown, 2 minutes. Place pears, cut sides up, on top of cake mixture, pressing pears into cake to adhere. Drizzle with remaining butter from skillet. Sprinkle with
- 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake until golden brown and center is set, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm.
- *We used Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake and Muffin Mix.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/