These yummy Pecan Pralines are perfect for gifting during the holidays.
Makes about 3½ dozen
Write a review
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- In a large, heavy-bottomed Dutch oven, combine sugars and cream over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until sugar mixture registers 228° on a candy thermometer. Add butter and pecans, and continue to stir until mixture registers 240° on a
- candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture just
- begins to thicken and lose its glossy appearance (3 to 4 minutes). Working quickly, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper. Let cool completely, and store in an airtight container.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/