Who doesn’t love a brownie? These made-from-scratch treats are encrusted with tidbits of toffee and chopped pecans to give them a party-ready flourish.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 5 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with heavy-duty foil.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and chocolate in microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 1 to 2 minutes total).
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate mixture and sugar. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour, salt, and vanilla, beating until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle pecans and toffee bits evenly on top. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out still slightly sticky, 20 to 25 minutes more.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack. Using a serrated knife, cut brownie into 24 squares.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!