Give classic potato salad an interesting spin with soft-boiled eggs, green beans, and fresh pesto.
Pesto Potato Salad with Tomatoes and Haricots Verts
Write a review
- 2 (1½ -pound) bags baby golden potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package haricots verts
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Fill with enough cold water to cover potatoes by 3 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add eggs to pot. Boil for 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs from pot, and place in cold water. Set aside. Continue cooking potatoes until tender, approximately 7 minutes more. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add haricots verts to pot.
- Drain potatoes and beans in a colander, and rinse with cold water until no longer warm. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine basil, parsley, mint, pine nuts, Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pulse until smooth. Spoon pesto over potato mixture. Peel eggs and cut in half. Add eggs to potato mixture. Add mustard and tomatoes, stirring to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/