These Petite Strawberry Coconut Cakes are delicate and delectable.
Petite Strawberry Coconut Cakes
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole milk
- White Glaze (recipe follows)
- Pink Coconut (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray 12 mini Bundt pans with baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add gelatin; beat for 1 minute. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour, beating just until combined after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling ¾ inch full.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely. Drizzle White Glaze over cooled cakes. Sprinkle with Pink Coconut.
Makes 1¼ cups
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons whole milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
Makes 1¼ cups
- 1¼ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 to 3 drops liquid red food coloring
- In a large resealable bag, place coconut and food coloring. Seal bag, and shake until food coloring coats coconut and is bright pink. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!