Take this banana pudding on your next picnic!
Picnic Banana Pudding
Makes 4 servings
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups miniature vanilla wafer cookies
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add half-and-half and egg yolks, whisking to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for
- minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and gradually whisk in butter. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Let cool slightly; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In 4 (1-pint) resealable jars, layer custard mixture, bananas, and vanilla wafers; repeat layers as desired. Seal jars with lids, and refrigerate. When ready to serve, top pudding with sweetened whipped cream.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!