Picnic Banana Pudding
Write a review
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 11/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups mini vanilla wafer cookies
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add half-and-half and egg yolks, whisking to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and gradually whisk in butter until butter is melted. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Cool mixture slightly; cover and chill completely.
- In 4 (1-pint) resealable jars, layer custard mixture, bananas, and vanilla wafers; repeat layers as desired. Seal jars with lids, and refrigerate. When ready to serve, top pudding with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/