Got a bumper crop of bite-size tomatoes in the garden? Fill them with pecan-flecked pimento cheese for an easy summer starter.
Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Tomatoes
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4-ounce) jars diced pimentos, drained
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (1-pound) containers Campari tomatoes
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, pimientos, mayonnaise, pecans, dill pickle relish, sugar, garlic powder, and pepper, stirring to combine well.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a thin slice off bottoms of tomatoes to create a level base. Cut tops from tomatoes. Using a melon baller, remove pulp, leaving shells intact. Turn tomatoes upside down on paper towels to drain for 10 minutes. To serve, spoon pimento cheese into tomato shells.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/