Pimiento Cheese Twice-Baked Potatoes
Write a review
- 6 large baking potatoes, washed
- and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese,
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese,
- 1 (7-ounce) jar diced pimiento, well
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil to coat skins, and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for approximately 55 to 65 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Cool until easy to handle.
- Cut a thin slice off top of each potato lengthwise, being careful not to damage skins. Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving ¼-inch-thick shells.
- In a medium bowl, combine potato pulp, butter, and cream cheese. Using a potato masher, mash potato mixture until butter and cream cheese are melted. Add sour cream, 2 cups cheese, pimiento, salt, and pepper; stir to combine well. Spoon potato mixture into potato shells. Return filled shells to prepared baking sheet. Return potatoes to oven, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Remove from oven, and top with
- remaining ½ cup cheese. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Also pictured, Filets of Beef with Vidalia Onion Compound Butter
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/