Cool off during the hot days of summer with Pineapple and Hibiscus Ice Pops with Lemon Balm and Sweet Mint.
Pineapple and Hibiscus Ice Pops with Lemon Balm and Sweet Mint
Makes about 24
- 3 cups water, divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 fresh sweet mint leaves
- 6 fresh lemon balm leaves
- 3 dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sweet mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemon balm
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water, sugar, sweet mint leaves, lemon balm leaves, and hibiscus flowers to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat; cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain, discarding leaves and flowers. Pour 1 tablespoon herb syrup into each plastic ice pop mold.
- In the container of a blender, place pineapple, chopped mint, chopped lemon balm, and remaining 2 cups water; blend until smooth. Pour mixture into molds, filling to within ¼ inch of edge. Insert wooden popsicle sticks, and freeze overnight.
- Dip molds in warm water for a few seconds to help remove ice pops.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your
Southern Lady subscription today!