This sweet Pineapple Mousse is a delightful treat.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: toasted coconut
- In a small bowl, combine water and gelatin; let stand for 2 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice and crushed pineapple over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Add gelatin, stirring until gelatin melts. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Add pineapple mixture to whipped cream, beating until just combined. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight. Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.
Don’t miss an issue of our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and more, plus seasonal themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!