These Pink Grapefruit Jellies are delicious grown-up gummy squares perfect for sharing.
Pink Grapefruit Jellies
Makes approximately 5½ dozen
- 1⅓ cups pink grapefruit juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons Campari
- 4 (0.25-ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin or 1 (1-ounce) box
- 2½ cups superfine or caster sugar, divided
- 1 (18-ounce) jar plum jelly
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Garnish: edible gold leaf
- In a small bowl, whisk together ⅔ cup grapefruit juice, Campari, and gelatin. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine remaining 2/³ cup grapefruit juice and 1½ cups sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Add jelly and vanilla, and whisk to combine. Return to boil, and cook until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add gelatin mixture to jelly mixture, whisking to combine. Strain mixture into an 8x11-inch baking pan. Chill for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.
- In a small bowl, place remaining 1 cup sugar. Toss jellies in sugar to coat. Garnish with edible gold leaf, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.