These Pistachio Chocolate Truffles are a delectable treat.
Pistachio Chocolate Truffles
- 12 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) package chocolate-flavored candy coating
- Garnish: crushed pistachios
- In a double boiler, combine chocolate, cream, brandy, and vanilla extract. Stir until melted and smooth. Cover, and place in refrigerator until firm enough to roll into balls, about 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small 1-inch spring-loaded ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into portions. Using your hands, roll each portion into a ball. Place back in refrigerator until firm, 1 hour.
- Place candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100% power) at 30-second intervals until melted and smooth (about
- ½ minutes total). Dredge balls in candy coating to coat. Set on parchment paper to dry. Garnish immediately with crushed pistachios, if desired.