Red new and Yukon gold new potatoes, shallots, fresh tarragon, extra-virgin olive oil, and white wine vinegar combine to create a delicious Potato-Tarragon Salad.
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 pound red new potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound Yukon gold new potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Garnish: fresh tarragon
- In a Dutch oven, bring potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, vinegar, tarragon, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Slowly whisk in oil. Pour over potatoes; toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with additional pepper. Garnish with tarragon, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!