Serve this classic Puff Pastry Vanilla Cream Cheese Danish with Apricot Preserves at your next gathering.
Puff Pastry Vanilla Cream Cheese Danish with Apricot Preserves
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6-inch) vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently unfold dough, and cut into 9 squares. Place squares on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla bean seeds, sugar, cornstarch, egg yolk, and salt with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture into center of each square. Fold corners of each square to center, encasing mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400°, bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Let cool on a wire rack. Spoon preserves over each Danish.
- Note: Scraped vanilla bean can be placed in a bowl of sugar for several days to render vanilla-flavored sugar to be used on other baked goods.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!