This Puff Pastry with Peaches and Bourbon-Honey Sauce is a sweet treat.
Puff Pastry with Peaches and Bourbon-Honey Sauce
Makes 9 servings
- ½ (17.3-oz) package puff pastry
- ½ cup bourbon
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 peaches
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold pastry onto another sheet of parchment. Cut pastry into 9 pieces. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pan for 3 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack. Split pastry in half.
- In a medium saucepan, combine bourbon, honey, butter, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until butter has melted, stirring often. (May be made ahead and kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat over low heat before serving, stirring well.)
- In a large bowl, beat cream with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Slice peaches.
- Place bottom half of pastry on serving plate. Top with peach slices. Top with whipped cream and bourbon-honey sauce. Top with remaining piece puff pastry.
Don’t miss an issue of our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and more! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!