This savory Pulled Pork Posole soup is a bowlful of delicious tomatoes, white hominy, garlic, pork, and chilies.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 (28-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 (15.5-ounce) cans white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 pound smoked pulled pork (no sauce)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- Garnish: thinly sliced radishes, fried corn tortilla strips, lime wedges, fresh cilantro
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add chili powder, paprika, and red pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add chiles, tomatoes, hominy, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pork, and cook for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste. Garnish with radishes, tortilla strips, lime wedges, and cilantro, if desired.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!