You’ll be making batches of this hearty autumn snack all through the season.
Makes 2½ pounds
- 3 cups sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (12-ounce) package raw pumpkin seeds (about 2½ cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease two jelly roll pans; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234°.
- Add pumpkin seeds; stirring constantly, continue boiling mixture until it reaches 300°. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining ingredients. Quickly pour half of mixture into each pan, and spread into a thin layer, using a spatula. Let cool completely, and break into pieces.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!