This Pumpkin Caramel Tart with Gingersnap Crust features all of fall’s favorite flavors. Serve at a festive autumn meal for a gathering that truly celebrates the season.
Pumpkin Caramel Tart with Gingersnap Crust
Write a review
- 2 cups firmly packed gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 (12-ounce) jar hot caramel topping*
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice, caramel topping
- To prepare crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and egg white, stirring to combine well. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and up sides of an 11-inch tart pan with re- movable bottom. Bake for 10 minutes; set aside to cool.
- To prepare filling: In a small bowl, whisk together hot caramel topping and 1 egg, whisking until smooth. Pour caramel mixture into prepared crust. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, remaining 2 eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Pour pumpkin mixture over caramel layer. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Let cool completely in pan. Store refrigerated. To serve, garnish with whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice, and additional caramel topping, if desired.
- *For testing purposes, we used Smucker’s Hot Caramel Topping.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!