Serve these Pumpkin Patch Pies at a festive fall gathering. For extra flair, add leaf-shape embellishments using miini cutters to make shapes out of leftover dough. Brush the back with egg wash and place on top. If desired, use a toothpick to create details on leaves.
Pumpkin Patch Pies
Makes 12 servings
- 1 (15 -ounce) can pumpkin
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ( 14.1-ounce) boxes refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt, stirring to combine well.
- Unroll pie crusts on a clean, flat surface. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 6 rounds from each pie crust. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush edges of rounds with beaten egg. Spoon about 1 tablespoon pumpkin mixture into center of round. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining rounds and pumpkin mixture. Place pies on prepared baking sheets. Brush tops of pies with beaten egg, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!