Whether you’re hosting brunch or an evening fête, this Raspberry Galette makes for an enticing treat.
MAKES 1 (7-INCH) PASTRY
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 to 3 teaspoons whole milk or ice water, divided
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Confectioners’ sugar, for serving
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and salt. Add cold butter, and pulse just until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add egg yolk and 2 teaspoons whole milk or ice water, and pulse just until dough begins to come together. If mixture is too dry, add remaining 1 teaspoon milk or water, and pulse again just until a dough begins to form. Turn out dough, and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg white. In another small bowl, stir together almond flour, softened butter, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, almond extract, and 1 tablespoon beaten egg white until smooth; set aside. Whisk 1 teaspoon water into remaining egg white; reserve for egg wash.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-inch circle. Transfer to prepared pan. Spread almond flour mixture over dough, leaving a 2-inch border.
- In a large bowl, gently toss raspberries with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and arrange over almond flour mixture. Gently fold edges of pastry over fruit, pleating as you go. (Dough will not completely cover filling.) Brush edges of pastry with egg wash, and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Transfer galette with parchment to a wire rack to let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!