This light and refreshing Raspberry-Orange Granita will help you cool down during the hot days of summer.
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 4 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 cups fresh orange juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In the work bowl of a food processor, process raspberries until puréed. Using the back of a spoon, press purée through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl; discard solids.
- Add orange zest and juice, sugar, and lemon juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Freeze until no liquid remains, about 4 hours, scraping frozen mixture with a fork every hour until fluffy.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!