This Raspberry-and-Vanilla Bread Pudding Brûlée is a delightful treat.
Raspberry-and-Vanilla Bread Pudding Brûleé
Makes 6 servings
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 (6-inch) vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 10 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- In a medium saucepan, stir together cream, ½ cup sugar, vanilla bean and reserved seeds, and cinnamon over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat; let stand for 20 minutes. Discard vanilla bean and cinnamon stick.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 6 (10-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ½ cup sugar, yolks, and salt until thick and pale. Slowly whisk in ½ cup warm cream mixture, stirring constantly. Add egg mixture to remaining cream mixture, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Divide bread and raspberries among prepared ramekins. Pour cream mixture over bread mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes, pressing down on bread to absorb liquid.
- Place ramekins in a baking pan. Pour hot water into baking pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until almost set, about 10 minutes more. Carefully remove ramekins from hot water. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Using a handheld kitchen torch, caramelize sugar. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!