Everyone at the dinner table with be delight delighted with delectable Red Onion and Fontina Tarts.
Red Onion and Fontina Tarts
Makes 1 dozen
Write a review
- 1 1/2 (14.1-ounce) boxes refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large red onions, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 12 circles from crusts. Line 12 (31/2-inch) tart pans with crusts; prick bottoms of crusts with a fork. Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions; cover, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover, and raise heat to medium-high. Add vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until browned; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add milk, egg, flour, thyme, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Beat until well combined. Evenly divide cheese mixture among crusts. Top with reserved onion. Bake for 20 minutes.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/