Dry red wine, sparkling water, and fresh notes of fig, lime, and mint come together in a refreshing spritzer.
Red Wine Spritzer with Figs and Lime
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh figs, quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 3 cups dry red wine, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 cups sparkling water, divided
- Garnish: fresh lime slices, fresh mint sprigs
- In a medium saucepan, bring figs, sugar, and 1½ cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer, stirring occasionally, until figs begin to break down, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and steep for 20 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- For each serving, fill glass with ice, pour in ¼ cup simple syrup, ½ cup wine, 1½ teaspoons lime juice, and about ¼ cup sparkling water. Garnish with lime and mint.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!