A nutty granola with dried apricots, dates, and pumpkin seeds complements single-serve trifles made with rhubarb and vanilla yogurt.
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored yogurt
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen rhubarb, thawed and patted dry
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Hazelnut Granola (recipe follows), plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, orange zest, and cardamom until fully combined.
- On a large, rimmed baking sheet, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice, and salt.
- Bake until tender, about 12 minutes. Let cool completely on pan.
- In 2 individual trifle dishes or glasses, evenly layer yogurt, rhubarb, and Hazelnut Granola as desired. Garnish with additional Hazelnut Granola, if desired.
KITCHEN TIP: If rhubarb is unavailable in your area, halved strawberries can be used as a replacement.
MAKES ABOUT 6 CUPS
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chopped pitted dates
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, dates, apricots, and coconut.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, oil, and salt. Pour over oats mixture, stirring to combine. Spread mixture in an even layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!