Fresh veggies and a zesty buttermilk dressing create a delicious Ribbon Vegetable Salad.
Ribbon Vegetable Salad
Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound thin asparagus, blanched
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 1 medium carrot, cut into ribbons
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 (3-ounce) bag fresh baby arugula
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, chives, dill, lemon zest and juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, toss together asparagus, artichoke, zucchini, carrot, and cucumber. Serve over arugula, and drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!