Fresh veggies and a zesty buttermilk mayonnaise dressing create a delicious Ribbon Vegetable Salad.
Ribbon Vegetable Salad
Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound thin asparagus, blanched
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 1 medium carrot, cut into ribbons
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 (3-ounce) bag fresh baby arugula
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, chives, dill, lemon zest and juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, toss together asparagus, artichoke, zucchini, carrot, and cucumber. Serve over arugula, and drizzle with dressing just before serving.