This Roast Chicken with Mushrooms and Rainbow Carrots is perfect any time of the year.
Roast Chicken with Mushrooms and Rainbow Carrots
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 pounds rainbow carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place carrots on a large baking sheet; toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Place chicken on baking sheet, and rub with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt, fennel seeds, and pepper.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine, and cook until almost evaporated. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and cook until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Divide arugula among 4 serving plates. Top with chicken, mushroom sauce, pomegranate seeds, and hazelnuts. Serve with carrots.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!