Garlic and fresh rosemary add plenty of flavor to these Roasted Beets and Carrots.
Roasted Beets and Carrots
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 6 medium beets, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Garnish: chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, stir together carrots, ¼ cup oil, 2 tablespoons thyme, 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Place on one side of a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In the same bowl, stir together beets, vinegar, remaining ¼ cup oil, remaining 2 tablespoons thyme, remaining 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper. Place on other side of baking sheet.
- Bake until vegetables are tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!