This Roasted Corn and Pepper Queso Dip pairs perfectly with tortilla or pita chips.
Roasted Corn and Pepper Queso Dip
Makes 12 to 16 servings
Write a review
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 8 to 10 ears)
- 2 large poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 11/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound fontina cheese, grated
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 500°. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place corn and peppers on prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring corn occasionally, until corn and peppers appear blistered. Place peppers in a resealable plastic bag; seal, and let stand for 10 minutes to loosen skins. Remove skins from peppers, and chop.
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add onion, green onion, and garlic. Cook for 6 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add cream, corn, peppers, red pepper, garlic powder, and salt, stirring to combine.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/