Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Couscous
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place corn and peppers on prepared pan. Bake until corn and peppers appear blistered, 25 to 30 minutes; stir corn occasionally. Place peppers in a resealable plastic bag; seal, and let stand for 10 minutes to loosen skins. Remove skins from peppers, discarding skins, and chop peppers.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth, butter, salt, garlic powder, and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and stir in couscous, green onion, corn, and red pepper. Cover, and let stand for 3 minutes; fluff with a fork.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/