Lemon zest, garlic, and fresh mint lend tasty nuance to a side dish of roasted green beans.
Roasted Green Beans with Mint
Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound small French green beans
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: flaked sea salt, lemon zest, fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse beans and pat dry with paper towels; trim ends.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine mint, oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons cold water, zest, juice, salt, and pepper. Process until mint and garlic are finely processed.
- In a large bowl, toss together beans and half of mint mixture. Spread bean mixture in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; toss bean mixture, and bake until browned and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes more. Serve warm with remaining mint mixture. Garnish with sea salt, lemon, and mint, if desired.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!