Roasted Okra with Pepper Jelly Sauce makes for a summer side dish that’s a dynamic duo of delicious Southern favorites.
Roasted Okra with Pepper Jelly Sauce
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2 pounds fresh okra
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10.5-ounce) jar red pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together okra, oil, salt, and pepper; spread in a single layer.
- Bake until okra is browned and tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pepper jelly, mustard, and vinegar; serve with okra.
Note: Try experimenting with different varieties of heirloom okra. Their vibrant colors turn green when cooked, but their varying textures are a taste bud explosion when roasted.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!