Roasted Salmon with Pesto
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (2½-pound) skinless salmon fillet
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup packed fresh baby arugula
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Garnish: fresh thyme leaves, fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 300°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place salmon on prepared pan. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil, and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bake until flesh is firm and flaky, about 10 to 20 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place arugula, basil, parsley, pine nuts, thyme, lemon juice, garlic, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt; pulse until finely chopped. With processor running, add remaining ½ cup oil in a slow, steady stream until combined. Serve salmon with pesto and lemon wedges. Garnish with thyme and basil, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!