Upgrade your bourbon sour with the addition of fresh rosemary simple syrup.
Rosemary Bourbon Sour
Makes 1 serving
- 1½ ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce Rosemary Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- In a cocktail shaker, combine bourbon, lemon juice, and Rosemary Simple Syrup. Add ice. Cover and shake well. Strain over ice. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped (stems included)
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, ¾ cup water, and rosemary to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 15 minutes. Strain, discarding rosemary. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!