These Reuben Strudels are delicious and perfect for casual gatherings with family and friends.
Makes 16 servings
Write a review
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced corned beef, divided
- 1 (14.4-ounce) can shredded sauerkraut, well drained and divided
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12x12-inch square. Trim edges of pastry as shown below. Spread 2 tablespoons mustard down center of pastry. Layer half of corned beef, sauerkraut, and cheese down center of pastry on top of mustard. Cut strips, and braid pastry. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining puff pastry, mustard, corned beef, sauerkraut, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water. Brush crusts lightly with egg mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices to serve.
- How-To Tips: Notch opposite short side of pastry. After layering filling as directed in recipe, cut exposed pastry diagonally into strips. Fold top edge of pastry over filling. Braid pastry strips over filling. Tuck ends of pastry strips under at opposite end.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/