Share these delicious Salted Caramel Turtles with loved ones during the holidays.
Salted Caramel Turtles
Makes about 4 dozen
Write a review
- 8 cups pecan halves
- 2 (12-ounce) bags semisweet chocolate
- morsels, melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine pecan halves and melted chocolate, stirring to coat. Drop
- pecan mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls
- 2 inches apart onto parchment paper. Let stand for 1 hour, or until chocolate is set.
- In a large heavy-bottomed Dutch oven, combine sugar, cream, and corn syrup over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until
- sugar mixture reaches 240°. Remove from heat, and let cool until sugar mixture reaches 190°. Spoon mixture over top of each pecan cluster, and sprinkle with kosher salt. Let stand for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Store in an airtight container.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/