These Sausage and Brussels Sprout Stuffed Mushrooms are perfect for a plated first course at an elegant dinner or as tidbits to serve on a tray for an informal affair.
Sausage and Brussels Sprout Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 (16-ounce) package hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup finely shredded Brussels sprouts (about ½ pound)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 36 medium to large fresh baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and crumbly. Sprinkle with flour, salt, and paprika. Cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add Brussels sprouts and cream cheese, stirring until combined and cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Spoon sausage mixture evenly into mushroom caps, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Kitchen Tip: To make ahead, store filling in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!