Sausage and Roasted Chestnut Crescent Rolls
- ½ pound ground sage breakfast sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted chestnuts
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 1 large egg white
- 16 small fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and crumbly. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in roasted chestnuts. Remove from heat; let cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent roll dough; separate at perforations. Place provolone down center of each triangle. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons sausage mixture down center of each. Roll up dough, jelly roll style; pinch seam to seal. Place on prepared pans. Brush with egg white. Place a small sage leaf in center of each roll.
- Bake until golden brown, 11 to 12 minutes. Serve warm.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!