These Sausage & Cranberry-Stuffed Mushrooms are a sumptuous appetizer.
Sausage & Cranberry-Stuffed Mushrooms
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound ground sausage
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 40 small white mushrooms, stemmed (about 3 [8-ounce] containers)
- Garnish: fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, pecans, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned and crumbly, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in egg, cranberries, and sage until fully combined. Divide sausage mixture among mushroom caps.
- Bake until mushrooms are browned, about 15 minutes. Garnish with sage, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!