Fresh green beans with tasty mushrooms will be a standout for the celebrated day. A wine and garlic sauté gives this presentation a new twist that will make it a go-to dish for years to come.
Sautéed Green Beans and Mushrooms
Makes 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 (8-ounce) packages fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped parsley, lemon zest
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Add wine, and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced by one-fourth. Add green beans, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon zest, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!