Serve these Sautéed Pears and Apples at your Thanksgiving table for a festive side dish that includes the sweet flavors of the season.
Sautéed Pears and Apples
Write a review
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cored Granny Smith apples, sliced into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 3 cored red D’Anjou pears, sliced into ¼-inch-thick slices
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Add brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, and salt, stirring to combine. Add apples and pears; toss gently to coat with butter mixture. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fruit begins to get tender. Remove cover, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until syrup thickens and fruit is lightly browned.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/