For fanciful affairs or casual gatherings, our Scalloped Oysters doused in cream make a delectable first course.
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
- 1½ cups Italian bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 24 fresh oysters, shucked, drained, and rinsed
- Garnish: lemon slices, fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and melted butter. Place eight 3-inch ramekins on a baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons bread crumb mixture to each ramekin and gently press with fingers.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, hot sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place 3 oysters into each ramekin. Pour ¼ cup of cream mixture over oysters in each ramekin. Sprinkle remaining bread crumb mixture evenly on top; bake until bread crumbs are lightly browned and filling is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with lemon and parsley, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!