What better backdrop for a date-night dinner than sunset’s brilliant show and the subsequent hush that nightfall brings?
Arrange a table porchside for a front-row seat to it all, and then dress up the scene with graceful linens and soft candlelight. An unexpected scheme of pink and green feels romantic yet not too feminine and fits well into the early colors of fall that are just beginning to burnish and blush.
Dishes like Herbed Pork Tenderloin and Wild Mushroom Risotto round out the menu, while a dessert tray for two invites you and your sweetheart to linger over the waning moments of this memorable eve.
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup cubed feta cheese
- Salted almonds to taste
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- Refreshing Orange Dressing (recipe follows)
- On a platter, arrange arugula, feta cheese, almonds, and oranges. Drizzle with desired amount of Refreshing Orange Dressing.
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.